Twitter is filling the universe with thoughts as they spark. And the Pareto principle seems to be in effect: 80% of it is garbage and the other 20% is the quality we should be focused on. Of course, the challenge is knowing the difference. What not to waste your time with.
The same goes for projects. In an overcapacity system–which is pretty much status quo these days–one of the most important things a young project manager will learn is to determine what NOT to work on.
Good luck with that one. Every time I go onto Facebook to do some ‘work’, or anything in particular really, I instantly get sucked into the tiny red dot signaling I have some notifications waiting.
Like Amy Weinhouse, sitting there freshly rehabbed when someone passes her a fresh hit. I can just not get off that page without seeing who has interacted with my digital self. (All due respect Amy, just seemed apt given I heard of your timely death on such a Facebook scurry.)
It’s all $ocial these days. Especially now that media moguls are tumbling.
That is why blog 2.8 is now in effect. A place to share creativity without compromising our IP, outside of the social channels like Google + that sheister the unknowing user into signing away basically unlimited rights.
And that becomes average Joe taking shots with his iPhone Instagram, further pressuring the professional photography industry.
So, my friends, that is the raison d’etre for blog 2.8. If you are wasting your time on the Internets right now, thank you for taking that time to read this humble post. It is a topsy turvy world out there on the media landscape. This is one social reporter’s view, to be continued.